“Knowledge is Power” Energy Conservation Awareness Initiative
The Mission of the office of Energy and Central Utilities is to deliver highly reliable electricity, chilled water, steam, and utilities at the lowest cost to the campus.
The office of Energy and Central Utilities provides the overall energy management function at The College and identifies and implements energy conservation measures and projects. The group provides the administration of the Central Utilities Plant consisting of the central steam and chiller plants, and cogeneration plant; underground mechanical infrastructure; electric distribution infrastructure; HVAC/Energy Management System; and, Instrument and Controls Lab, which supports the entire campus.
The Office of Energy and Central Utilities:
- is responsible for administration and operations of the Central Utilities Plant
- manages the campus fuel and utility budget, the departmental operating budgets, and the project budgets
- procures electric and fuel to support the campus for power generation and steam production
- directs independent engineering, both design and development, and construction projects for the central utilities and energy management unit, and participates in new building construction
- is largely responsible for the Title V air permit, as most combustion sources are contained in the Central Utilities Plant.
- develops and advances The College’s Energy Master Plan